Warren Towne Center proposed vote for the council approval is AGAIN not on the council agenda. Completely puzzling as to why this important proposal that has been thoroughly worked on for 6 years is NOT on the Oct 12 agenda? They need to make a decision and it begins with a vote!
This was formally presented to them in July. Mayor Fouts also gave a presentation, as did all of the other parties in this proposal. Yet all they continue to say is we have questions and when we answer the questions* they are still not satisfied even though there is no cost to residential taxpayers.
This is what they will be rejecting:
1) $15,000,000 from the Brownfield State Approved Funding
2) $2.5 million in new taxes each year
3) $250,000,000 in new investment*
4)1,000 Construction Jobs
5)500-700 new commercial jobs
6) New walkable Towne Center
7) Destination point for new business investments and new residents
8) Upscale grocery store such as Papa Joes or some equivalent
9) Upscale men’s and women’s clothing stores
12) Little Theatre
13) Fire Adm Bldg
14) The only full-service hotel in Macomb County with a rooftop restaurant to view Downtown Detroit and the Metro Area. This will be a must-see place with a destination point for all Warren residents. This hotel will be a 5-star hotel equivalent to the Townsend in Birmingham or Royal Park Place in Rochester. This will attract a lot of people to Warren.
15) **Much of the new investment money will go to south Warren and as well as the downtown area.
TIME IS RUNNING OUT AND THE DEVELOPERS ARE LIKELY TO LEAVE SOON AS THE COUNCIL IS SIMPLY PLAYING A GAME OF DELAY DELAY IN ORDER TO KILL THIS JOB CREATING AND MONEY INVESTING PROJECT!
**All the experts were at the last Council Meeting on September 28 and yet the council refused to allow them to speak insisting that they must answer the questions in written form! We have answered the questions in written form and still no action from this council.